Dawn of Fantasy
publisher 505 Games
has recently released some new information on the many ways to play DOF, for those new to the game. A small gallery was included with the press release, featuring several never-before-seen screenshots which can be seen at Destructoid
, among other prominent news sources. Part II of this press release will be available soon as Lead Writer Gordon Farrell takes players through Dawn of Fantasy's Castle Defense mode in our first video diary!
Milton Keynes - 21 April 2011
- 505 Games is pleased to reveal more details on Dawn of Fantasy, the ground-breaking MMO-RTS developed by Reverie World Studios. Dawn of Fantasy is a challenging online and offline strategy game, where players take control of one of three races in a variety of game modes.
The three game modes in Dawn of Fantasy test the boundaries of modern strategy games. In the massively multiplayer "Online Kingdom" and the single-player "Kingdom Wars" worlds, players train and command massive armies in pitched battle. These armies can be tasked to either defend their own town or to raze other strongholds on the World Map, a strategic overview of the world. Upon reaching a player or NPC town on the strategy map, armies are given the opportunity to declare war and engage in all-out combat, switching to a tactical view for battles.
Lay Siege, one of the many ways to play Dawn of Fantasy, gives players the chance to try out their combat skills on an enemy stronghold - in either a practice setting or in the persistent online arena - while Defend Castle has you take the part of the besieged, surviving waves of attackers.
Even with all these modes, it’s the Online Kingdom that is the heart of the game and offers players the chance to write a bloody history for the game world of Mythador. Players enter a richly-detailed, endless world, ranging from the high mountain peaks of Southmount in the human realm of Teria to the swamps of Ertheel'Bala of the Wood Elves. In this troubled world, there is no avoiding the dark intentions of the enigmatic, power-hungry and corrupt wizards. The only question is whether the player will prove just another pawn in a dark scheme, or if they shall bring light to Mythador once more.
Players will find themselves in a constant war amidst their neighbours for supremacy, while guilds and the wealthiest of players control the global trade. Due to the persistent environment of Mythador, a player's stronghold and economy will always be growing - regardless of whether its owner is online. Even after the campaign, players will have entire regions with beautiful citadels to discover and learn the history of, as well as a vast, randomized regional environment to freely explore to make new allies, or foes, with its peoples. Whether you strive for the top of the competitive multiplayer ladder, create a guild whose name is whispered in fear throughout the realms, or create an entirely new adventure using the powerful editing tools - Mythador is yours for the taking.
Reveries World Studios is a new developer comprised of RTS veterans who’ve worked on titles including Empire Earth and Empires: Dawn of the Modern World. They are based in Toronto, Canada. More information can be found at http://www.reverieworld.com/
About 505 Games
- Complete dozens of story-driven quests in services of kings, wizards, and fellow adventurers.
- Interact with thousands of other players through trading, forging alliances, and waging war in both Player vs. Player and Player vs. Environment battles.
- Build up your villages into towns and then mighty empires, establish a thriving economy with a network of trade convoys, and lay siege to your enemies with great trebuchets.
- Use the brute strength of the walking woods, ogres, and dragon mercenaries to reign supreme.
- Play as three different races - elves, men, and orcs, each of which offers a radically different playstyle and has been given a deep, compelling mythology, a dramatic historical background, and a spectrum of complex political ambitions that drive the story and gameplay
- Lay Siege mode allows players to practice taking an opponent’s castles, while Castle Defend allows you to practice your defensive strategy.
- Kingdom Wars mode allows players to experience a single-player campaign.
- Online Kingdoms is the main, massively multiplayer, version of the game, featuring a gripping campaign storyline, PvP and PvE battles, trading, guilds and a persistent world.
505 Games is a global publisher of video games, publishing games for all ages across multiple platforms including, Microsoft Xbox 360Ž, Sony PlayStationŽ 3, Nintendo Wii™ and DS, PC download, Facebook, iPhoneŽ, Xbox LIVEŽ, and PlayStationŽNetwork.
505 Games has offices in key territories around the world to publish and distribute its library of successful titles which include ArmA II, IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, the Cooking Mama World series, Naughty Bear, Backbreaker and Zumba Fitness.
505 Games is headquartered in Milton Keynes – UK, with international offices in Lyon (France), Munich (Germany), Milan (Italy), Madrid (Spain) and Los Angeles (U.S.A). A further network of key distribution partners based in Nordic territories and Australia enable global distribution of 505’s titles.
To see the latest releases, news and more about 505 Games go to: www.505games.co.uk