Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Siege Fears
Thread: Siege Fears
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by †TYRANICK†™ View Post
@ Konstantin
But they way you make it sound is that destroying walls is not the way to access the base...you seem to be implying the only way is via gate or something...

The Gate is a way to enter a base, but you'll need a good deal of troops and a few good battering rams. most of your enimies army will be around the front gate.
But its not the only way, theres ladders and siege towers, and 'other units' that give access to wall peices, they attach themselves and your units ( or the enemies') can use it as a pathway right up on the walls to hopfuly fight there way along the walls and down the stairs or. to get down into the stronghold..

What strategy im thinking of, is this,
Keep your main army with battering rams hidden infront of the stronghold, then send a small army with a seige tower around to the back side of the stronghold, where less guys would be defending it on the walls.
Quickly attach the siege tower and get this small army on the walls to provide a Distraction behind the stronghold, and hopefuly the enemy would move most or all of his army up and around to the backside of his walls to fight off my small decoy army. then, when his army is occupide with that, i rush the front gate and swarm in!

I'm gona try this stat on Kon when we play, he wont know what hit him!

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.