Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - what makes me worry about this game
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 10:47 AM

System has a default reputation

There are a variety of things to take into consideration when looking at games. If a website turns you off from the gameplay... I am sorry. I understand frustrations that can be had with the way information is delivered, but honestly I would rather have them working on a game and getting it to be the best that it can be for when I get my hands on it than trying to constantly update FAQs/etc when things can change daily.

As for the front page declaring open beta... maybe this IS their open beta? If you registered by 2/28/11 you qualify, but perhaps those that weren't around at the time still have a chance to get in?

Closed and Open are terms that we see for almost all games, but they don't always mean the same things to each development cycle. Perhaps they are starting out with a smaller amount of testers, which is completely understandable, and from now until release they may continue to add more?

No offense intended to Reverie, I don't know their economic situation or their history, but with "lesser known" teams aka non-AAA games, you need to accept that at this stage of game development websites need to take a backseat relative to the game itself. They may not have a full team setup to run their website which results in team members that work on the game itself to have to take time away from that for this. I prefer to see forum participation gathering information from potential players than constantly updated websites. Never know what April will bring, hold out hope for the best and just be patient.