Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - question about PvP
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griegor Mcvennor View Post
Well that certainly helps and is appreciated but it's not quite what I was looking for. What about the non home city territory? Other castles that you may own or control other than your home city? Can I actually build a recognizable kingdom that other people will see or are we all simply staring at the same map where the kingdom "battlefields" are nothing more than a glorified match matching service?

Henry by the tone of your post it seems you feel I have insulted Reverie in some fashion. I wasn't implying that Reverie is a company that gives BS answers on anything. Asking for a no BS response is simply a saying. As in, what is the concrete rock hard truth of the particular subject that is being inquired about. I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Furthermore, some of us don't have time to search through pages and pages of threads for several hours to find the specific answer I am looking for. Asking me to do so is especially rediculous since the answer should be in the FAQ on the main page as PVP interaction is one of the main content portions in this MMORTS experience. Not having it on the FAQ means either the FAQ is out of date, or that specific feature hasn't been totally fleshed out. If you want to save yourself the aggrevation put it in the FAQ.
No, players aren't going to be able to take over other territories. You are only allowed the HC you start with. You are able to assault NPC towns, but are not allow to own them. There is a thread in the public suggestion sections that is discussing about wanting a hardcore server that would allow territories to be taken over. Personally I don't know if I would play on that server a lot, but I do believe that having a server like that would be beneficial for the game popularity. I've noticed that there is quite a few people (probably a lot not posting) that would love to have this.

As for my tone, I'm sorry. Its not just about Reverie, I've really bothered by how gamers lash out towards developers today just because they don't like this or that. Yes, I believe that developers should listen more to fans then most do, but that does not give fans the reason or right to lash out toward them. If you don't like how the game is turning out, express your feelings in a reasonable way (not like "This game sucks and your a crappy developer. You don't know what the hell you are doing") and don't buy their game.

As you can see by my title I'm not a Dev myself. But I have been noticing people on the forums having more of a tone/attitude then they should have toward this company for no reason. One of the major reason I stayed on the forums for so long was because of how friendly the devs are. Becoming an intern and meeting more of them, these are a bunch of friendly people working on a game that they feel the community will love. These feelings have been bothering for awhile and some of it came out toward you and again I am sorry.

Yes, I agree that the FAQs thread should be update with all new info and be more detailed on how the game works. Hopefully this will happen soon.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima