Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Fantasy Friday - Orcish Minor Towns
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Very nice! I really like both Bastra and Bringen, especially the waterfall.
Although it raises some questions. Will you be able to settle near water and be able to build your own naval force in sort of dockyard, or do you have to purchase them from minor NPC cities in the vicinity of water?

And on a second note, the rock net is a nice idea. I myself had something of a similar idea for orcish siege defense: The Warg Pole. It's basicly a few wargs leashed to a pole which can be build outside the walls and released when enemies approach, attacking the nearest units. Merely suggesting
Thanks for the nice words!

No homelands are built by water. We're keeping the naval aspect of the game to a minimum - its main purpose is transportation, so you will probably only have a small fleet. And functional ships won't be added to the game post-release. We just decided that there's enough to do on land, that there's no real point to a heavy naval side of the game, but we will elaborate more on navies later on.

And nice idea with the wargs, however wargs can already be trained to fight so there's no real point to tying them up when you already have full control over them.