Thread: My main concern
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

darkheart has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griegor Mcvennor View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong and I hope I am, but the MMO portion of this game will allow combat between players but not the ability to take over another player's lands correct?

So my question is two fold

1: Say I want a particular piece of land because I like the way it's designed but it's owned by another player. Essentially your saying that I can not own that land or take it over ever until the other player quits the game?

2: What is to stop inactive players from hoarding all the better land spots and leaving them to rot in the game world with nothing to show for it?
i agree with you on this one inactive players are a royal pain and since the game is a big hush hush secret i can only hope there would be some type of penalty for taking over a lower ranked player just like other games like it
as for bullying there will always be them BUT to take a nice example of how pvp can be nice is i presently play stronghold on line and others very close with allllll the hundreds of players in each there are very few that outright attack just to do it many many have been peaceful with neighbors and even to a point helpful ( mind you this is in a full pvp mode ) with some type of penalty in place it dentures others from just flat being mean to others and in its place puts strategy in its place im positive it would drive others nutz to see a batch of inactivates pop up everywhere and cant do a thing that would only drive other good players away