Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Microtransaction Ideas
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 12:47 PM

ImmoralAtheist has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolas View Post
I agree with NobleIre, what you suggested in your previous post will give paying players a huge advantage. I also like NobleIre's idea about paying a subscription to test content before its released and be allowed an exclusive newsletter, it gives no gameplay advantage whatsoever, but allows players who want to feel ahead of the game to be so (plus its something different). Anything that effects gameplay is going to severely unbalance the game. I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think charging players in order to be a guild leader (or something like that) will be the best thing for this game. And obviously they also don't have to have any micro-transactions at all. Guild Wars is free after you buy the box and they have no micro-transactions. Or they can sell advertisements like Shadow Bane did for a little bit(its annoying, but its free and everyone is on an equal playing field).
Well, if they earn money on selling the game then that's something different. If they make the game free to play, then an option is to have what I said. What I said would be more like you have standard monthly fee, and you have trial account, which you can play aslong as you want, but with some restrictions. I'd rather have that than full of crap dlc because I think it might benefit development of gameplay more than the other alternatives.