Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Showcase: Orcish Armor Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Freelancer

Alexander Flegler has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
My only concern is that it looks like it would be difficulty, if impossible, to differentiate the three different impalers at a distance. The upgrades are rather small and difficult to see. I think you need to do something to make that more obvious at a larger scale (maybe add a colourful section to that shoulder pad to make it stand out, and some spikes or other stylish shapes to the helmet to make it stand out. I notice you have the spikes on the added to the slayer to make the helmet more obvious; something along those lines would be good. That said, the shoulder-pads may also be difficult to see at larger distances.

I think these look absolutely awesome, and the idea of having specialized upgrades may work out quite well.
This is true but right now these upgrades apply to all Slayer units for instance so you don't have to distinguish an unupgraded Slayer from an upgraded one. It is possibly subject to change though; maybe in the final version the battalions/hordes will get these upgrades seperately (like in BFME), but that's due to balancing.