Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Microtransaction Ideas
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 07:01 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dolas has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesso View Post
Why would a person make a thread about paying for the game after the original purchase? Do you actually want to pay for something every month?

Im also wondering why transactions are needed after the initial purchase, im pretty sure wow is making massive profits off its monthly fee, if i was ever to play wow i would expect new content every month, cos im paying every month. Warcraft 3 and starcraft 2 dont have monthly fees, why dont they and why does wow? and more importantly why does dawn of fantasy need these payments?

You do realize all the games you mentioned are from the same company? Wow makes enough profit for Blizzard that they could sell games for the next year for free and it wouldn't even dent their pockets. However, Warcraft 3 and starcraft 2 are rts games, they are not mmos. DoF is an mmorts and is Reverie Studio's first game, so they need someway to make money, because since it is a persistent world, they need to have updates and patches to keep the game fun and entertaining, whereas Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 do not need patches to still make money, they made money when the players bought the game (even though Blizzard still comes out with patches for these games because they like to keep everything updated, even though they do not make any money off of it).