Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Can the siege be more than a siege
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

You must also remember that not everyone wants to play for a 4 hour game.... not everyone, not many at all can do that period.

So a siege battle needs to be between 10-60 minutes at most, otherwise not everyone can or wants a battle to last that long; so we do need to keep a pace up.

I'm sure really good players will learn to invade the walls in mere minutes once they set up their tactic.
Get a battering ram on your north end with 50% of your army, while a few minutes ago the remaining 50% of archers and a few siege ladders go around on the south side,,, ooo your entire armies sitting at the north end defending your gate as I climb your walls on your south side and set up all my archers on your own walls to aid my army coming through your front north gate! What good is a Swordsmans' shields if they got Halberdiers hitting him infront and arrows flying at him from behind! Along with a speedy army of Macemen all over your walls whacking the crap out of any archers and siege equipment you had!

I love doing this that tactic on Thorndale, they don't know what hit them.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.