Thread: Clans/Guilds
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

swedishviking has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custos View Post
I strongly agree if you were to have a guild that you should have a guild banner too. It helps unify people in game and allows them to identify each other based off a unique banner. And I also like the idea of having the guild banner over your banner (but not covering) kind of like a roman legionnaire standard. I think it would be really cool to see multiple different flags with a unifying banner which they all are in allegiance too. Much like in medieval war, kings would call upon their lords to aid in battle the lords would bring their soldiers to battle under their own standards but ultimately the armies marched for the king and under his standard. The mix of flags would make for a very cool visual effect even though it wouldnt change anything tactically.
From a historic standpoint, they wouldn't cover up the individual flags with a single flag because it allowed them to know who was doing what and where....That would eventually change centuries later, but what they could do is what was mentioned by Triggerhappy except with a slight modification, make the personal flag vertical so it hangs on the pole and guild flags thinner and horizontal so it waves sideways in the wind. sort of like banners that hang from windows and banners that flow in the wind on the roof....just combine them.