The Fifth Closed Beta Stage
Hey all! For this week's Fantasy Friday, we'll be looking at the next Closed Beta patch (which is a huge one, I might add) that a lot of you will be playing shortly. Within the next couple hours, 300 new fans will be introduced to Dawn of Fantasy's Closed Beta - so be sure to check your email if you signed up for a key. Please note that while the new testers can download the client as soon as they get an email and start playing the game, CB5 will not officially commence until early next week when this patch will be added to the beta version.
Without further ado, here is a quick synopsis of the key features that Reverie is excited to add to the beta client:
Closed Beta 5.0 Additions:
- 16 New towns - Visit the bustling port of Welgeth, the isolated quagmires of Serepha Moota, the ominous fortress of an ecomaniacal orc king, and 13 other stunning NPC towns!
- Field Combat - Challenge traveling armies anywhere in the three realms! Field combat allows PvP and PvE battles on open playing fields and introduces an intelligent new Field AI.
- New View System - Adjusted View System to industry standards, complete with intuitive dynamic camera scrolling.
- All walls (heavy and palisade), gates, and towers are now targettable and desctructible - prior to this, only human walls were destructible.
- Gameplay and Balance fixes - Unit stats have been adjusted and several other reported bugs, including past bugs with looting, have been fixed for an optimal CB5 experience.
- New Siege Weapons and Counter-Siege Defenses based on suggestions from our beta testers
- New Army View functionality, complete with a greater explorable region including randomized, interactable tribes
- Enhanced Pathfinding
- Additional combat audio tracks