Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Loot for equipments Idea
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 PM

Sokkur has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
The picking up equipment idea sounds fine, it could add experience and then also cosmetic variances to the group. Overall - I don't think it practical to keep track of equipment besides its cosmetic effects - the only practical way I can think of it being implemented is through experience.
Some quick reminder about the experience system behind my idea:

Experience tells you how experienced those battalions are but not necessaryly how well equiped those battalions are.
Example: one could prefer converting every looted equipment to resources but the battalions would still gain experience and level up (and gain skill points) but they would be worse equipped in favor of something else (skill points could be based on what the battalion had been doing. For example: if the battalion had been charging most of the time it would get most of its skill points in charging. Battalions trained in training grounds would get reduced number of skill points but the player could choose what to do with it's skill points.(the level of individuals in a battalion would always be the same only equipment would differ (In the primary stats screen the summarized power of the equipment of all soilders in the battalion divided with the number of soilders in the battalion would be shown. (like it is done in the game Overlord)))).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Morals View Post
nice ideas here but i feel it is a mine field for bugs. just too much diversity i feel. having individual units in a battalion with differing stats would require far too much proscessing in my opinion when you have say 1000 troops on the field. cosmetically it may work but in terms of stats i think you are hoping for too much. its always the simplest and easiest to implement idea that they take from these forums and put into the game.
if you want that level of customisation meby if an orc army captures a human city they can use the human armourer to make an orc battalion all with human armour if its slightly better than thier own. but having it in the loot system would muddy things up and just invite problems.
In total war games thousands of units with inviduals having stats could simultainiously battle with little or no problem.