Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Purchasing Diffrential advantage?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliCious View Post
Here's a nice Quote "F2P brings significantly more profit to the developers than a subscription model"" From Lito. Lets Translate, saying that this game will cost more then a subscription based MMO if you wanna enjoy it fully. Recent Trends are BS move away from money sucking and fast.
I don't think you understood me properly. What I meant is that F2P attracts significantly more players, all of which pay very little but considering the rise in activity it all adds up to bring more profit. Profit that goes to developing the game and adding features they couldn't have previously with a lower budget.

You can still subscribe to LOTRO with $15 a month and get all the quests and everything else. I have noticed that the quest packs in LOTRO do cost a lot, but if you pay $15 per month you get them all.

Either way, like Trigger said you seem to be blowing this out of proportion, instantly judging DoF for scamming your money before you've even played it and generally flaming the F2P model that games currently use without properly analyzing it.
And don't forget that DoF is not F2P. It will get a majority of its' proft from the one time buy model. The influence micro-transactions will be fairly minimal and will be as Joseph mentioned mainly used for extra quests and such for you to do if you want.

Seriously, you seem to be taking a bit of a too large concern about this. Reverie is just an indie company, we honestly have no intention of making a money sucker game.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.