Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Looking good devs...
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Reverie World Studios QA Tester

Noel Bohac has a default reputation
Default Looking good devs...

While I just finally am able to post here ( thank you admins) I have watched this game for a bit. I am really impressed with which way you are taking it. As a developer (not in the gaming industry) I am also impressed with how you are taking the steps to do it right. Being a gamer for 20+ years and going on my 4...something years of life, I must admit I have been waiting the longest time for a game like this to show itself.

People (friends) tell me , so why didn't you just make it, my response, "while coding isn't so hard, coding games is a nightmare" and I know the devs know what I mean by this. I do inventories, banking etc, so alas I know "how" but I don't want to do it. You really need the drive and motivation to want to do a game more then a paycheck and while I would have this drive, I have learned from other friends in the industry how hard it really is. I just don't think I could go threw those paces at my age, like it where I am but I don't mind script work etc, so if you ever need another tester hit me up ! (Self plug, sure why not )

Ok, so to the point, can't wait for the game guys, looks awsome. You probably are wondering "ok, so what was it that made this guy want a game like this for years?" Ahh simple answer really. If you ever played a game called dark age of camelot you know where I am coming from. While out of this genre all togather, it's concept is the same. Level and seiging, however you have more which I always wanted daoc to have. That is controlling your lands, customizing your towns/keeps defenses, etc.. plus nothing is more saticifying then doing the work to get your defenses up and seeing the little iconic minions building it for you. Sure is it really needed? Not really, but you get that sense of accomplishment watching it go up.

I love the details you are going for and the depth you are aiming at, anything I can do or we as a whole can do to better the path to which you want to take the game let us know for sure. I have let my clan know EXG , that this is a game too look at. If it wasn't for one of my friends, I would have never knew this game even exsisted. I read in a post rescently that your publisher is taking over the reigns of advertisment etc? Well good to see you will get some spot light, the game really needs it. The only advice as a long time gamer I can give to you is better screens and or videos.

Sadly today, games catch players more by the looks then anything, while your game doesn't need such, it is what gamers want. People can deny this , but you, me and many know this is not the case. People like fancy graphics and your game has it when we see the high rez shots. As an older gamer thou, I could appreciate this game in low pixel count as the concept is that which I always wanted. Thou, I won't argue a nice graphiclly enhanced game as yours doesn't hurt

Anyways, I be rambling at this point, I do look forward to seeing what you come out with in the next few months and hope to see a great release in what should be a huge success in the rts x4 genre.

-Guardious