Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Fantasy Friday XXXVIII - Final Human NPC Towns
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
Hmm do we have to buy each race separetly? (Though I could understand dwarves/dragons eventually)
The races of Humans, Elves and Orcs will all be included with the initial release.

Although details haven't been finalised, Dwarves and Dragons are likely to be released as separate expansions that would include new units, quests and towns for each race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
Also, isnt not-asking for a monthly fee but instead asking for expansions (& even (honour-)advantages) pretty much the same thing
Not exactly. With no monthly fee, people who buy the initial release can play for years without having to pay for any else (unless they want the expansions). Whereas if you charge a monthly fee, only those who can afford to spend the extra payments can play.

Let's look at an example, a guy buys the game and pays a monthly fee but then money is a bit tight because he has some unexpected bills to pay so he can't afford the monthly fee, then the guy wouldn't be able to play the game. However, if the guy buys the game and there is no monthly fee just expansions that can be bought, then when money is a bit tight the guy can still play the game, he just won't be able to get latest units/quests/etc.

Edit: Alex beat me to it I take way too long with my answers

Last edited by Brian Shingles : 08-10-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Alex beat me to it