Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Favorite "non dof" upcoming games
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 03:13 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
Thanks Alex I had the title before I decided to display it I didnt realise the new rank straight away, then I did and wondered why until I saw the thread about them
And yes, I still am an elite member, however I prefer the title 'HordeMaster' dont you? The orcs have my full support

Alex, that was an interesting post And I agree, they really look to be making a browser game, at best I think it may match Travian and such games... And I avoid such games.
However, imagine if Reverie DID have the millions for all the cgi cutscenes... We all know just how great cutscenes are these days, my favourite RTS scene is the startup for Warhammer40k: Dawn of War.... I just love it
Got Smilies?

Travian is probably the best browser game at the moment, it may surpass it, not sure. I don't much care for that type of game myself, browser games are just so limited, it might as well be a text based game, what little animation and direct control they might have.. it's all very superfluous, not meaningful.

As for games I'm interested in, the reboot of my beloved Mech Warrior will hopefully bring BattleTech back to where it belongs. As far as games go, no universe is as interesting or embedded into my childhood as BattleTech was. The only BattleTech games I haven't played are the ones specifically developed for simulators, all the PC/console games as well as tabletop I have played. I have high hopes for the new Mech Warrior, very high hopes.

The potential Fallout MMO is another, but with no real information yet and the whole lawsuit thing who knows...

And lastly, the Warhammer 40,000 MMO. Again, very little information, but a universe I very much enjoy both the RTSes and the Tabletop games.

There are a myriad of games that I am interested in other than these, but these are the ones I actually follow and regularly check up on. D3 and Sc2, Civ 5 etc to name a few are others I might take a look at.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.