Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Release on steam
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
I personally don't buy much from steam for various reasons, but for a lot of people it's a pretty good service, I quite like it. Only company I avoid is gamestop, they really lowball people on the trade ins then gouge people who buy the used ones, that and the whole special stuff only from pre-orders through them.

This sort of decision is up to publishers though, I'm pretty confident it's not going to be just steam if on steam at all lol.
I'm with you on that. Gamestop F**ks people over badly. Personally with the PC market as it is and with this being an Indie title, I think steam might help with publicity and sale (that also depends on how much Reverie or 'The Publisher' does themselves).

The market is shifting pretty heavy toward digital downloads, more so on the PC and the casual gamer (which is the biggest gaming market; the causal gamer not PC).

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima