Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Outposts (defensive and trade)
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

You guys seem to misunderstand how the world map works, you will not be able to control pieces of it or anything like that as is. I mean I suppose it's possible to add roads or something and you can only travel on them, or it's much slower off them and put special areas on those roads that you can capture and such. However, you will not be able to just take whatever parts of the map you want or anything like that, there's going to be too many people to allow players to freely "build" on the worldmap, it'd get all cluttered as hell.

As far as capturable areas and bases etc. can't really comment on our plans for that sort of thing, I just wanted to clear up the misconceptions about the worldmap itself, people seem to think of it as just a secondary RTS map, it might look as good as one but that's not what it is.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.