Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Fantasy Friday XXVIII - Orc Buildings
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Looks good [another boost for the orcs]. My slight [very slight] isssues:

- The armory and the orge pit have the same picture
- It seems wierd that structures like the Pyre and the Temple have the abilities that they do...

I mean, yeah, dancing around a fire does miracles for one's self-confidence, and dumping a bunch of your blood on an altar migh turn you into a fanatical berserker, but what does the temple have to do with walls?
The temple is the "end" of the tech tree and orcs have no main building like the settlement/town hall for elves/men respectively. Thus, fitting with their aggressive nature they not only have weaker walls but they attain them later. Think of it this way, before an orc settlement has a temple it's not worth building walls around, or perhaps there's nobody intelligent enough to build these walls, priests would typically be better educated than most.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.