Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Internship Opening: PR Representative
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
I understand things are strapped but using the unpaid internship route - why didnt you just ask for middle/upper class kids with wealthy parents need apply only. IF you want work for free and truly wish to open yourselves up to gaining talent from all areas you should package up the position so it can be managed in spare time or weekends or even over the internet.

Only the priveleged may apply would have to be the caveat otherwise..
I'm sorry you won't be able to apply, but I hope you can understand that we're not looking for free labor here.

We're asking for minimal hours with great flexibility from a home office. This internship won't get in the way of another summer job if you're low on cash. We're also not going to be having you taking inventory or doing other tedious, not-trade related tasks. After two weeks of mostly just playing the game to get a good understanding of all its aspects, the intern will be working on a variety of small projects involving social media marketing, SEO, and feature publication under the observation of the knowledgeable and helpful Department Heads and CEO. Regardless of whether or not the intern wishes to sign as an employee after its all over, we hope to leave him or her with valuable experience and improved skills to jumpstart a future career.

Most of our team worked for free for at least this long with some donating years of their time. In an ideal world, everyone would get paid and none of our devs would be holding second jobs, but we're essentially an independent studio - so that's just not possible. If you have any doubts, talk to any of our recently hired scripters who underwent similar internships and they all seem to love working with the Reverie World environment and Dawn of Fantasy.

Last edited by Alex Walz : 05-04-2010 at 11:37 AM.