Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - New Video Trailer - DoF Featurete # 1
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 02:22 PM

Urgwaine has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap88 View Post
MMORTS is an interesting concept, and one i've been looking for for a long time. A few things with the trailer, first, the guy is talking way too much. I do get the idea that the trailer is meant to tell us more about this unique experience you get online however the voice is kind of distracting (and after the first 2 minutes annoying). Hold some of the scenes a little longer (key being a little bit), as i found that it cut in between too many scenes and although it gave you a good general idea it didn't emphasize anything in particular. Try doing some scenes without someone talking with just music and whatever it is you guys are trying to show. This is huge for me: Avoid, at all costs, showing a scene in which a person is hit by a sword, or axe, or bow, or whatever, and DOESN"T DIE. Do not leave people to stand there and hack away at each other, it looks stupid when someone gets sliced by a sword but nothing happens. It also seems that some of the scenes were used more than once (or ones very similar to them) Also i noticed a glitch in at about 2 minutes 30 seconds where the siege tower rapidly turns to the side and then realigns itself, promotional videos have to be near perfect (i'm sure you guys know that) but be sure to look over the stuff again. There isn't a "good enough" there is only good and bad. When the battering ram is knocking down the portcullis or whatever it happens to be the people at the gate are just standing there, not doing anything. Make them do SOMETHING. Also when the gate is down they causaly walk in, can they not go any faster? not my idea of storming a gate. Thats all i have to say for now, i've stuff to be doing.
I agree, the Supreme Commander is a great example of a great trailer of a great game which I don't own.....

Supreme Commander Trailer