Internship: Public Relations Representative
Need something to do over the impending summer months? Looking for a steppingstone into a career in Public Relations or Game Design? This is your shot! Reverie World Studios, INC. is looking for a Public Relations Representative intern. This internship offers full access to the latest Dawn of Fantasy build and developer tools, a glimpse into the game design process, helpful coaching throughout the internship, and flexible hours (10-15/week) while working from a home office.
Internship Duration: Date Hired - July 31
Please note that this is an unpaid internship. Following the internship, the intern will have the opportunity to sign with Reverie World Studios as an employee.
As a Public Relations Representative Intern, you will be working under the observation of the PR Head and CEO to establish and maintain Reverie World Studios' connections as a public liaison, and to promote Dawn of Fantasy through social media marketing and search engine optimization, media updates/publication, and community events.
- Act as a liaison between Reverie World Studios and the Dawn of Fantasy community, encouraging personal communication over the forums, email, and messenger clients that abides with preset marketing standards
- Assist with weekly Fantasy Friday media updates and publication
- Work with other sites to ensure up-to-date Dawn of Fantasy profiles
- Act as a liaison with other sites and groups for exclusive interviews, screenshots, and other articles as per request
- Maintain social networking feeds and our own forums and site, as well as regularly checking external forums and fansites
- Assist with the distribution of, and answer inquiries regarding, the Closed and Open Betas
- Coordinate community events such as tournaments and forum competitions
- Knowledge of HTML and Content Management Systems
- Functional knowledge of Graphic Design, SEO, and Social Media marketing
- Proficient command of the English language with an eye for detail, as demonstrated in written and oral communication
- A genuine passion for community interaction and MMO and/or RTS gaming
- Previous experience in the Games Industry is a plus
- Previous experience in Community Leadership or Representation is a plus
- Functional knowledge of CSS, Flash design, and/or Lua is a plus
- Proximity to our office in Toronto, Ontario is a plus
All applicants must be sixteen years of age or older and have a prior understanding of Dawn of Fantasy's mechanics, and must have computer specifications exceeding:
XP, Vista, Win 7.
CPU: 3.0+Ghz single core Processor or a Duel Core processor.
Video Card: High end 256mb, atleast geforce 8 series.
Full access high speed internet connection for communication and application sharing.
Good Anti-Virus, Anti-Malwere, and Anti-Spywere for better security of Dawn of Fantasy's Data to prevent vital information leaks.
Note: These are not Dawn of Fantasy's system requirements.
About Reverie World Studios:
Formed in 2001 as Reverie Entertainment Ltd., the company now known as Reverie World Studios, INC. is committed to making a name for itself in MMO gaming and the greater gaming industry. Based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Reverie World Studios is set to take full advantage of the rapidly expanding market for interactive entertainment media. Boasting a completed next-generation game engine and a team of talented designers with experience on past AAA RTS titles including Empire Earth, Empires: Dawn of the Modern World, and Rise & Fall: Civilizations At War, Reverie's goal is to become a leading Canadian exporter of interactive media and retain a concentrated talent pool capable of pushing the boundaries of the industry. With its flagship title, Dawn of Fantasy, tantalizingly close to completion, the scene is set for Reverie to expand and grow, producing outstanding games and continuing to develop the company.
Please submit resumes, along with your system specifications, to: email@example.com
by May 11th. All shortlisted applicants will be interviewed between May 12th and May 15th.