Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Single player
Thread: Single player
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Lots of disinformation in this thread and even more poorly worded statements

There will be plenty to do for those of you that do not wish to play online. The lay siege/castle defend will be playable against AI. And some other things that I can't go into detail on yet, I will say that one of the other single player modes will be on a grander scale, not just a small skirmish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
Well, technically it is a traditional RTS base building just with a twist, the base is continuous/permanent.

Its a mix of your basic RTS skirmish base building with Total war world map. Which in my book is awesome.

That might seem small but it changes the game dramatically. You can't see what your opponents will be building in MMORTS mode, you go into battles blind as to what you'll be facing and armies train very slowly so losing a large amount of units, or massing a single unit type will make you incredibly inflexible. Unlike a normal RTS you can't mass THEN see what they have and mass something else. You need to have a well balanced army or you're flipping a coin on whether or not your army will go up against units that they're weak to, very risky.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 04-30-2010 at 07:07 PM.