Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Getting smashed,Peace time
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

An hour minimum? I consider it a major fault if games last longer than an hour on average, since there are WAY too many cases where I can't afford to play because there's no assurances that I can stay on for that long, and a lot of other people are in the same position. I'm fine if the rare game goes very long, or if you choose a disproportionately large map (a big 3v3 map for a 2v2 game, for instance), but your average every-day match should not. Moreover, team games do not necessarily last longer than solo games. If you check out the statistics for the warcraft 3 ladder, the type of map has a LOT bigger impact than the size of the team.

Secondly, I still don't see how these ten minutes are 'vital'. Starting the game off with some early skirmishing is not only part of the fun, but it shakes things up. Without it, those ten minutes will just be spent following a cookie cutter build order, anyways. Why not just give you a starting base/army that corresponds to that build-up time and just skip to the action? Why not just have all this annoying prep-work done for you!?