Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Fantasy Friday XVIII - Battalion Formations
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
The percentages aren't finalized by any means, right now they're designed to give people a good idea of the formations role, they'll be tweaked to fit it. Also - you're forgetting armor. I don't remember the exact numbers for all the abilities/units, but that 1500 volley in practice is going to be a very small fraction in the neighborhood of a few hundred. And you have to remember - archers do not have perfect aim, you'll rarely if ever hit the unit you actually target and they've also got the chance to miss completely and damage nothing, so all of this damage is going to be very spread out.

I applaud the way you thought about the numbers though, I think like that too.
Thanks

I'd think balance would be in the back of Reverie's mind until beta actually hits, and then it will become second most important issue. It sounds like you guys have some issues with network coding and the server side of things. Balance tweaks are easy to ballpark, so I think that Rev will probably assign only a few guys to fine tune that come third beta-working on crashes is more important to a community then working on balance.