Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Fantasy Friday XVIII - Battalion Formations
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

Pretty nice Fantasy Friday, very detailed, and gives players a great look at strategies availiable. I will say that making elven units completely helpess is a bit harsh in regards to formation-may be a 5 second immobility instead of 30? But keep the cooldown? I would'nt think it'd hurt as much and gives elven players a bit more mobility and adaptivity on the battlefield, but if you don't want to do that, I'd suggest special mercenaries that are easily capable of switching formations, just to let diehard elven players experience real-time formation switching a slight bit.

I do like the formations, and they certainly seem fairly balanced to me. I can't tell which would win between line and tight/loose. Sorta hard to tell, which means it's a good balance, most certainly. Also- on one of the pics, it said the reavers were fully upgraded, but I thought it was a bit hard to tell. Just pointing it out, although I did notice (I think? I didn't pay much attnetion to orc infantry looks) some slight differences, I felt they could've been shinier.