Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Fantasy Friday XIII - Darssen Stronghold (Readers' Choice)
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
One quick question for here. If I rolled my seige towers up to the cliff could I fire on the wall guarders for the keep?
You'd have trouble reaching a couple, but yeah, you can get the close ones.

Quote:
Since most lower layers are made form wood and grassy stuff ..... can they be burned, i mean whole place up? ..... a harmless elf just wondering ....... =)
I think there's a shot or two in the Stronghold Defense showcase with all the farms and buildings in Darssen's lower level on fire.

Quote:
Can Palisades be destroyed by units[soldiers]? If so, Darssen loses a big advantage as its walls are only palisades.
Nope. The main drawback to palisade walls is that they can't have gates. You just corral the enemy troops into a narrow opening.

Quote:
I would point out that if you burn down all buildings you also burn down the ramp leading to the keep. Wouldn't that be an insta loss for the attacker?
There's no physical ramp... just steep terrain.

Quote:
One thing I noted - in a couple of the screenshots, the defensive upgrades (trebuchets, hoardings etc) are in different positions.
NPC towns start with few wall upgrades and it's up to the player to construct more. So these shots were taken from a couple different matches, and the defense strategy changed from match to match.

Last edited by Alex Walz : 02-12-2010 at 07:48 PM.