Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - A Compilation of Ideas
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
I guess I was a little, uh, presumptuous about the the Dragon Race unit wise. But, how would cities work? Dragons have never been, forgive the pun, a civilized civilization. They don't really have technologies or structures.
Dragons themselves wouldn't be numerous I'd think, now none of this is actual game design keep in mind, just my personal thoughts on it - Dragonkin would create the bulk of the dragon race, and they would have a city. Thinking instead of regular production buildings, you'd have caves that would be upgraded to create various dragons/dragonkin, and the dragonkin would build walls and more traditional defenses around these, perhaps have the Dragon cities built into the sides of mountains. Or you could have the dragonkin create a more traditional city and have very tall buildings towards the center, spires designed to house dragons at their peaks. Though I really like the idea of all the dragon cities being built into the sides of mountains. Edit: Take a look at the 13th fantasy friday, instead of the gold mining operation/scaffolding etc, imagine a couple caves built into that cliff face where dragons would be spawned.

Technology ranges from improved equipment, to more effective training regiments. And actually, depending on the universe - dragons did wear armor. Their weaponry while natural could still be improved via research. And of course the dragonkin would use equipment. Something along the lines of increased training designed to make their breath attacks more powerful, or simply a tech that changes the dragon's diet to something more expensive that makes the breath attack stronger. Who knows - but it's definitely doable. I wrote this post in 5 minutes, I could draw up a design document for the entire race including stronghold designs, research and units in a week probably, 2-3 weeks at most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift sword View Post
Thanks for the in-depth replies Josh and everyone else, I really appreciate your interest. I just added my thoughts about magic seeing as it's sort of a mystery subject right now.
Hey, I enjoy discussing the game and potential ideas as much as anyone, if anything more considering I might actually get to work on implementing these ideas - but I have to be careful with what I reveal so this limits what I can talk about you see. I don't want to give away potential fantasy friday stuff now do I And I don't want to give people the wrong idea about what we're considering, or we can/can't do. Everything here is just my own thoughts.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 02-12-2010 at 06:21 PM.