Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Fantasy Friday XII - Unveiling the World Map 2.0
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
I found the old mmorts map pretty cool, but this map, is EPIC!

You guys did very well in making it with all the detail and the clouds and the environments! It beats any map I've ever seen before.

You guys just did so very great on this map that words cannot express my glee. So here are these emoticons:

Also, in regard to the desert next to the swamp, there is a mountain range between the desert and the river/swamps, so that could create a rain shadow. AKA: all the rain dissipates while going over the mountains, leaving none or little for the desert.
I really liked the 'real' feel of a parchment map that the old one had, but this is definitely better. We didn't replace the old map because we didn't like it or it wasn't good, just we could have something even better

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.