Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Highlighting units
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter
Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Swift sword View Post
In some of the pictures, I've seen selected units with a white-outline around them to signify that they're the units the player is currently selecting. Are you going to change this to a little circle underneath the unit that most games have, or allow players to reduce it's visibility? I personally think they're ugly, and would like to change it to the norm that RTS's use. If not, I would think I quick mod could change this. Just curious, as they get on my nerves in the screenshots and I think they will in gameplay.
There are a lot less units in most standard RTSes. Doesn't Total War use outline? Been forever since I've played it so I could be off here.

I do like the way it is right now though, it's very helpful when zoomed out at the maximum. Not really sure if circles would be visible enough. I like the idea of an option regarding how bright or at least an on/off however. It's something I'd have to see in game to decide which I liked more.
Remember to read the FAQ before asking questions!

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.