Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - No undead race please
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 AM

Pilgrim is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
No offense but that's a pretty crappy argument.
its actually pretty simple if you genuinely don't want people to take offence. you just don't post offensive comments like that. I'm sure you are smart enough to phrase that respectfully if you really try. Don't put yourself down Jean.

Anyway.. if you want to say that you don't find my argument convincing then fair enough.
Just imagine the epic lord of the rings film and replace orcs with human zombies. If you imagine aragorn charging into the battlefiend and cutting off groaning zombies heads then it just doesn't fit. There is no scientific explanation for why something doesn't fit, but the two genres just don't mix convincingly in my opinion.

Although orcs and magic don't exist, its fun to stretch your imagination. Animated corpses just seem a bit too unrealistic to me and stop me being caught up in it all.

A race of giant pink rabbits wouldn't fit either, but it is impossible to explain why they look fine in pokemon but not here. Mixing genres just often looks wrong and ruins the effect.