Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Fantasy Friday VII - Beasts of Gokkholm
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
I have to agree with zach. It gets a lot more tactical if your own troops might die.

Without friendly fire its this: 1. put some strong (large hp) infantry troops up archers directly behind. 2. make the infantry clash 3. let the archers kill of everyone in the fight (except your own troops since they cant die) 4. PROFIT.

Thats just..meh..
That's really just not true at all.

Total war for example what happens unless you're fighting the AI is you don't bring more than 0-2 battalions of archers because archers are never cost effective in that game unless you're defending from a very advantageous position be it a castle or a bridge. Those are the only two times archers carry their weight in total war.

It might not 'look' right, and it will feel unrealistic, but it's necessary if you want ranged units to play any part in the game outside of sieges.

@Zach

How often do you actually see players using archers in Total War online?

I love total war and play it often, but ranged units were the biggest problem I had with it. They were almost useless against players in most circumstances.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 01-04-2010 at 11:19 PM.