Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - How many publishers
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscisco View Post
My point was that a publisher is not required, there are other ways to get money, a publisher is still the best, but not the only way.
Short of eccentric billionaire investors what is going to make enough money to give them the time to actually make a great game as a startup studio? Self publishing without other titles or some form of true revenue already on the market is pretty much unheard of for quality games. There are the occasional indie games that get wildly popular here and there, but more often than not that's a fluke. Not wise to build your business around if you like paying your employees I'd think.

I can't really know as I'm not part of the industry - but I just don't see that happening often lol.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.