Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Payment method?
Thread: Payment method?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
One time payment to buy the game, no monthly fee.

Micro-transactions will be a big part of the game (for players who choose to incorporate that into their gameplay experience and cut a few corners).

All micro transactions are done with the Influence (or Wealth, not sure about the name yet) resource - that can be gained through regular gameplay, or purchased at http://exchange.dawnoffantasy.com/ (this is temp site)
Glad to see things coming along well in that regard. I really can't wait to figure out how influence(wealth) is gained in the game itself though.

And for those worried about microtransactions, I'll say - I hate them as much as the next person in most games. But several things about this game keep things very balanced. Automatch for one keeps the armies you fight balanced, maybe you won't be on a leaderboard or something compared to those that pay a lot of money, but you should be able to hold your own in battles. There are several other smaller features, such as gaining influence(or wealth) just by playing the game and the fact that this isn't an mmorpg, it's not a battle of numbers. Outplaying someone with a better army will be possible. Until we actually get to playing and testing how everything works, I wouldn't worry too much friends.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.