Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - protectorate
Thread: protectorate
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 02:01 PM

stinkylover has a default reputation
Lightbulb protectorate

A protectorate, in international law, is an autonomous territory that is protected diplomatically or militarily against third parties by a stronger state or entity. In exchange for this, the protectorate usually accepts specified obligations ( aka tribute)

so my idea was make this a diplomatic option in exchange for paying regular tribute a larger kingdom (kingdom "A")can gift units to a smaller kingdom (kingdom "B" ) that can be used only within kingdom B's territory as a defensive force, (not used to attack other kingdoms) and could never be used even defensively against kingdom A. if for some reason the protectorate treaty is broken the forces of kingdom A that were under kingdom B's control are returned to the stronghold of kingdom A. also kingdom B would be responsible for unit up keep (if there is any)

just my idea , i tried searching for protectorate in the forums but couldn't find it so if there is info on that just chalk it up to me being a noob