Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - MMORTS mode or standard, preference?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
I'm a capable modder, willing to play with the editor on my own time and create some fan-made content at no charge. I'm not looking for an intern position, however (actually job-hunting for a full-time position currently). So they won't have every modder on hand, and certainly not the sum of the community's creative potential.

As for skirmish, I always believe the game mechanics and pacing are the most interesting places to explore with a game. I love breaking it apart into very fine cause-and-effect scenarios. The skirmish setting is ideal because all things are equal except player strategy, which is ideal to giving insights into the game itself.
I didn't mean to say they would have it all darvin, no sleight intended, just most of it. I'm aware there are a few individuals that wouldn't get it that way. That's part of why I wanted to create a thread for the discussion of user created projects, what sort of quests/scenarios the community is interested in. I've already started putting a handful of ideas into it.