Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - MMORTS mode or standard, preference?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I actually think you shouldn't release the editor. It doesn't really need testing, does it? Don't let people get distracted - this is primarily a beta, not a demo.
I hope it's done on a case by case basis and only then after the first few stages, MMORTS is the main draw of the game and needs to work, but the custom scenarios will likely be the second, as much as the regular skirmishes are important, they won't have the same numbers playing them.

The game would benefit from having a few dedicated people creating custom content. Though they might just be taking all the people that could really make use of the editor and getting them to help work on the actual game itself. I wonder how many positions they'll have for the internship.

It is true that most would probably just be wasting time in the editor, interesting point to consider, which is worth more.