Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - MMORTS mode or standard, preference?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
Standard skirmish; I'll give MMORTS a try, but I think my heart will always be in the classic skirmish.
MMORTS combines persistence and RTS, for me personally it's a dream. Red alert and Ultima online respectively are the two first big games in each genre (rts and MMO respectively) that I played a lot and really got me addicted to them, I've been bouncing around the genres a lot lately. It'd be nice to be able to just stay with this game.

I'm pretty sure I'll still play custom games, I'm not so sure I'll bother playing standard skirmishes.

As a side note to this - I'm considering making a thread and compiling the various types of custom scenarios we all would like to see for this game, as well as maybe even quests for MMORTS/campaign. I want to do something constructive, and I have no map editor, so a compilation of ideas seems in order. Anyone else think this is a good idea? I think it'd liven up the forums a bit, too.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 09-13-2009 at 02:22 PM.