Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Firing while moving, missing targets, splash damage, etc.
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP View Post
In DoF, will units, like for example, a horse-archer, or a few archers in a moving siege tower, fire while moving, or will there at least be modding support for it? I thought it was pretty lame for AoE to have units like horse archers and dragoons that have to be stationary to deal out damage. I mean, realistically, the only reason such a unit was so effective, was because of its mobility.
Dof better dam rights add that lol, i am sure it will it would be lame if they cant.

Quote:
In AoE 3, units just don't miss. ******ed. Will DoF Ranged units be 100% accurate?
No they wont be 100% accurate, infact currently goblin archers must be blind, they miss so much, only good in massive groups.

Quote:
Again with AoE, splash damage(ie, using heavy cav/elephants to mow through
infantry) was a miss. It would seem kind of ******ed to watch a unit like an Ogre fight each unit one by one, rather than swinging his club through ranks of units. Will this be something that you guys are looking at?
Pretty sure about this one, yes it should and or will.

Quote:
BTW, I haven't played Warcraft or BFME, so I don't know how any of these ideas works there. I do know that they work in Halo Wars(at least it looks like it) RTW, and M2TW pretty well.
bfme1-2 has all of the above. not sure about warcraft.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Ryan Zelazny : 09-11-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Spelling