Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - The Master Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Please avoid the coloured text, it makes it hard to read.

Quote:
Great effects*****-when a big rock comes from the skies the men below it should scream in terror and when the rocks hits them the men should fly from the impact. or when you use big spells all what would make it perfect is units flying all over the place and hearing their last shrieks.
Essentially unit emotions. I don't think they merit a 5 star importance, since unless you have a thorough morale system it's just eye candy. Still, it's definitely a fine addition.

Quote:
Hostile wild animals*-it would be nice if there were wild animals in the battle field that would be hostile to any near infantry or base
Just like creeps in Warcraft III. The problem in that game was that everyone was so distracted by those things in order to let their heroes get easy experience that they neglected fighting each other. I'd prefer the game to be without them and instead focus on battling the other player.

Quote:
AI**-when in a online multiplayer match you could maybe bring in an AI for you or an friend to play or you could just all gang up on him and teach him who has the mightest computer chip.
I don't think letting the AI take over for you is ok in any circumstance except if you leave the game. The AI generally has one big advantage over a human player: no reflex or reaction time. It can give out hundreds of orders in under a second. I think from a fairness aspect it's just not fair to allow someone to use such a feature against someone who wants to honestly play the game himself and not let the AI play for him.

Quote:
8 or less miltiplayer slots*****-either its me or the dumb game im so tired of 4 players its time to do some thing different. 8 players would be so cool besides the maps look big enough to fit. and think of the number of battles going on at the same time, either its you getting screwed by 3 or more players or its you and your friends screwing your rivals or AI.
Eight player has been the standard in RTS for ages. Every RTS I've played over the past decade that I can think of has had at least that many. Warcraft III supported twelve players, although it didn't support 5v5 or 6v6 in official ladder games. I don't think we have to worry about this one.

Quote:
Heros***-DoF armys would need a team captain to give their units exp. points or just use powers to help your city in need. and they should be custom made by you since your the king .
I'm wary of custom-made heroes, since my experience with Create-a-hero in BFME2 was that there were a couple of vastly superior setups that decimated everything else. I think the best approach is the Warcraft III one, where you pick a hero class, and as he gains experience you choose which abilities he learns. This keeps things standardized while still allowing player choice in the matter.

Quote:
Make an allience in gameplay***- when im playing C&C3 with my buddies we some times wish we could just sent an (unit messenger) to each other so we can betray or team up to bring any body i our way down
I agree that "locked alliances" should be a setting that is on by default, but can be turned off in options.

I don't know what you mean by unit messenger, but there should just be a private message system in-game. One of the biggest aspects of multiplayer is the social aspect. If you limit communication, you're taking out one of the biggest fun-factors of the game. While it might seem cool to have delays in communication and message incerception, it just interferes with the game's appeal. As well, it gives a hefty advantage to friends who just share each other's phone numbers.