Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - on the scale of 1-100% how close is it to the realease date???
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
True, but devs get paid, plus they get the extra cool bonus of getting to make what they want...til the publishers step in of course :P. Ok yeah while being a dev does have it's perks the stress level is i'm sure hell at times.
It's mostly the publishers who get paid. With all the pressure and the hours you need to put in I doubt it's worth it to be a game developer purely for the money (unless you're working for Blizzard). A dev's greatest reward most likely comes from the creative process rather than financial gain. As I said, unless you really like developing games it's not worth doing although one would argue that if you don't like making games you shouldn't be doing it in the first place, and they'd be right.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*