Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Q/Thoughts on the MMORTS - Why Bother?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park View Post
2) What "addictive" features does DoF have like other MMORPG games?

In a MMORPG, there's a lot of respect and bragging rights involved. Nicer weapons, being part of a guild, the satisfying little level ups. In DoF, what's going to be pushing players to keep playing besides gaining land? Is there a MMORPG story/quests? Forming guilds/alliances? War between humans, orcs, etc. over land? Or are we talking more about a persistent RTS game?
Lore should be one thing i guess the most important for me beside good looking stuff and the flexibility to be part of the lore=P), and it would be nice that lore could evolve trough players on mmo (i think that this was already suggested somewhere on forums) but i think this would be almost imposible also or at least quite hard =(. Oh and hope this game wont have big addictive features like wow grinding for exaple (tho me strong can resist that =))=P.
And to nickson104: oh yea i forgot =P, than they could just put random donation if ppl would feel they should donate some + like said some advertisement of others.