Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion: Read-only maps
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

If they're too lazy that's their loss. One of the big problems with passwords is the people who can crack them usually release a program to the public so its extremely simple for anyone to do. So far (like Darvin mentioned) the best protection i've seen is corrupting the file.

The best idea I can think of would be the ability to save some of the maps scripts on an official server (with size limit to prevent it from causing anything like long loads) that requires a password to load them outside actual gameplay, that'd make it much more difficult I think. It'd mean the only way to steal the scripts would be during actual gameplay. But short of that I dunno.

All I know is password protection never works or lasts, it's too easy when people release programs to the public to crack them, plus it can put creators accounts in jeopardy if they're stupid nuf to use the same password as their account. If password protection is decided upon there should probably be a warning not to use any passwords you use for other programs as they can be cracked. Anyways awesome post! Just throwing my thoughts out, like the others here I don't have enough knowledge to speculate on map protection with any authority.

I know this is old so its probably already eben adressed just figured id throw my 2 cents in.

Last edited by Aametherar : 06-25-2009 at 04:03 AM.