Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Website Design Complaints/Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 05:10 PM

Aro_ has a default reputation

Quote:
Aro, you are assuming one thing: almost everyone agrees with you.
Any web designer or e-marketing/usability guru would agree. They'd be crazy if they didn't. And please understand, this isn't a matter in which you would agree with me, because it's one-sided; but I'm saying outright, as a professional web designer, your site hardly meets the standards of a growing game development company. It's actually backtracking and scaring away customers, and that will affect how you operate in the long run.

Quote:
but at the same time draw in many many people because of a really high-quality website, so be it.
You define high quality as a pretty site with good graphics. I define high quality as a website that's both pretty and everybody can use it. I am *not* insulting you guys or your company; it's not an insult if I think the Reverie web designer is inexperienced and the company itself is highly inexperienced at e-marketing. Rather, it's an unflattering observation. I would like you guys to understand how people use your website so you could become more effective on the online medium, which appears to be your *only* medium; the suggestions I gave and problems I listed are serious. I'm not goofing around or trolling you, and I wouldn't have posted here if that was my intention. As a first time visitor and somebody who strongly values website usability, I can accurately represent the sentiments of average users. (Sadly, they can't represent themselves; any average users are likely to have ran away after trying to navigate this dreadful website.)

Quote:
Ok you gone little too far now here, you know other ppl out here are also humans just like you and have feelings
I apologize for my overly blunt statements, but I'm not going to fluff it up for decency's sake. I honestly view it as an awful website. I would think honesty along with constructive critique would be refreshing.

Quote:
how would you like/feel if someone who think just because he dont like you/your work comes on some forum or in real life, in front of ppl and starts to flame you, again just because he didnt like your idea and thought he can do better or have better ideas?
I value it; it's called "constructive criticism", and it's hardly flaming. I know for a fact that people out there can design a better site than me, and whenever I design a website, I make sure to get criticism from various sources so I know what to improve upon. Reverie doesn't do that; thus, the designs are ineffective. I understand it's insulting for a designer to hear blunt comments like "you have an awful website"; but I say nothing that I don't back up with suggestions that *would* help.