Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Fan sites
Thread: Fan sites
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation
Default Fan sites

The posts regarding fan sites I've found to be quite odd.

The guys who are running the DoF fan sites (DoF Source & DoF Heaven, even community sites like RTS Community) are attempting to not only get people to their sites to generate success for themselves, but they are also trying to get more publicity for DoF. Right now with our publisher situation, having relations with larger gaming websites isn't an option because it's the role of the publisher to attain that type of media coverage, so small community sites and these budding fan sites are the only media outlets we have besides our own website.

Flaming them for advertising really only harms you in your quest to find out more about Dawn of Fantasy, if everything is only kept on our sites then it becomes a difficult way to persuade new people to come visit us as it seems our game isn't creating a "buzz". If you don't want to see the screenshots they get, the articles they write or the interviews they do that's up to you, but don't discourage them from doing these things.

To cut down the amount of posts for those of you who don't wish to see them, I have added a Fan Site Announcements forum. Fan site operators please post your announcements or discussion pieces here. Those of you who don't want anything to do with the fan sites, mark the forum read if you don't want to read it.