Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Konstantin! You made HG headlines... :)
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 05:26 PM

fyro11 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Joslin View Post
Konstantin was a very avid scenario designer (and modder perhaps...I don't remember) for Age of Empires II back in the day. He led SCN punk, which used to be like..the AoE2 design team.

Most of our staff, in fact, used to avidly do some sort of modding/scenario designing for some game or other.
AOE2 is a game I play even now with my much older uncle, of all people. Konstantin is obviously a legend. A modest one.

Not sure whatever happened with AOE3. Must say the physics are, as far as I've seen, unrivalled by any other RTS I've encountered. But the maps always felt confined. Anyhow the expansions added the sort of diversity in gameplay that should've been there in the beginning.

Anyhow, I actually started playing AOE1 as far back as 1998. Was introduced by my uncle who worked in an IT firm. I suppose his colleagues would've suggested it to him. Then we started playing via LAN. Not sure how others played but I remember the two main strategies were to either spam Chariot Archers, or Heavy Catapults. I was 10 years old then. Hah. How time flies. That was my first run-in with RTS games. And since then, I've never lost the addiction.

Last edited by fyro11 : 04-15-2009 at 05:43 PM.