Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Unseen University - DoF Guild
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
A for effort, but in my experiences most guilds/clans are held together by an unwritten code of conduct. If people aren't willing respect the way the group operates, it won't matter whether those rules are written down or not.

The last time I was a part of any clan or guild was in Guild Wars. Our guild leader was an authoritarian jackass who kicked my brother (we shared an account) out of the guild for a really arbitrary reason. We had lots of friends in the guild who quit right away. In fact, every decent healer in the guild quit on the spot. The guild fell apart shortly afterwards. The guild leader never had the control he thought he did. The moment he stepped out of line and broke the accepted rules of conduct, the whole structure fell apart on him.

My recommendation for anyone seeking to form a guild or clan is simple: affiliate with people you trust. A solid guild isn't built on rules, but friendship and mutual respect. You don't need rules or offices or complicated protocol if you have those things.
true but dont be too friendly a leader of they will think your not commanding enough and would want to elect someone else as leader haha