Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Creeps
Thread: Creeps
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
I tend to agree that creeps distrated from fighting the real enemy in warcraft III, which is why I don't think they should play a prominent role in DoF.

I don't think wild animals that aren't capable of defending themselves (or only capable on a very rudimentry fashion) really qualify as creeps in the sense we're talking about them, even if they may technically be implemented no differently. Because it's a warcraft III term, creeps usually refers to warcraft III styled creeps; monsters that populate the map which are primarily a source of unit and hero experience. The same principle was applied in BFME, and because the monsters kept coming back they were often "farmed" by heroes who just waited around for the next batch to spawn.
I think only large animals like bears or dangerous animals like wolves should be used for food. Not like a squirrel you see running through the woods. I mean in reality how long would that last a civilization? Lol it wouldn't even feed one guy! To me large animals for food is the way to go.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang