Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Few questions for the devs
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Interesting dice roll system. One thing I'd like to bring up is to ask how the "overwhelming" concept is being handled. For instance, one feral orc could attack an elite soldier all day and every one of his attacks would be blocked. However, if several orcs are attacking this elite at once, his ability to defend himself is reduced, and can expect to take more damage. Clearly this is how weaker units can expect to take out stronger ones. How is this represented in game mechanics?

As for resource automation, if we take a very simplistic view of the matter, we might look at the model of the Yuri economy in the Red Alert 2 expansion pack. They built slave miners which would be moved to resource sites, and then would deploy slaves to harvest resources nearby. If killed, the slaves would be replaced for free. The idea here is that the player didn't need to manage individual workers, just a single hub which managed the little guys. I could easily see this system extrapolated to a more complex economy where individual workers are not the concern of the player; they are built, replaced, and ordered around by resource collection hubs. These hubs are what the player concerns himself with, not the individual workers.